Downtown Daily Bread is on AMAZON!
Visit our Wish List to help the hungry and homeless in Harrisburg.
One of the best ways to help Downtown Daily Bread is to collect or purchase items from our Wish List. Most of these are items are given out daily to clients at the shelter and during street outreach visits. A few other items are for our Soup Kitchen meals.
Feel free to team up with friends, family, and co-workers for a one-time or recurring collection. For clothing, blankets, and backpacks, items can be gently-used/no stains or damage, OR new. To coordinate a delivery, please email Susan at [email protected]. Thank you!
2022 Wish List
- Men’s Boxer Briefs (sizes M-XL)
- Blankets (twin-size, no filling)
- Backpacks (student style with wide, sturdy straps)
- Insect repellent
- Laundry detergent pods
- Cellphone charging cords
- Batteries (size AAA, AA, C)
- Tents (waterproof, easy to carry and assemble; 3-4 person preferred)
- Tarps (heavy duty, 6’x8’ to protect tents from rain)
- Clothing (casual men’s sizes M-2XL, especially t-shirts, sweats, and hoodies)
- Jeans (men’s sizes 30-38, women’s 10-16)
- Sneakers or sturdy outdoor shoes (Men’s sizes 9-12 and Women’s sizes 7-9)
- Ponchos and rain jackets with hoods (size L, XL, XXL)
- Bottled water, ice teas, Gatorade-style drinks (cases preferred)
- Pre-packaged, single-serving snacks (granola bars, cookies, energy bars, nuts, dried fruit)
- Kitchen staples: large containers of ground coffee, salt, black pepper, hot sauce, ketchup, yellow mustard, and salad dressings